Friday, February 20, 2009

On Your Porch.

James and I hung out on Saturday.
He took me to dinner.
Then our other plans fell through, so we went to my sisters house and hung out with her, her husband, and their baby. He is the cutest little kid in the world.
My brother-in-laws parents came over too, so we all hung out and laughed and gossiped and played duck duck goose with the 3 year old.
It was so much fun.
James is really good with kids.
We went back to my house and made out of course,
he is such a good kisser.

He asked me what my favorite song was.
So I told him it was The Format-On Your Porch.
And he said he would learn it on the guitar for me.
Nothing else was said of it.
He called me Wednesday night.
"Hey [you], you're on speaker. (he was at a little coffee shop in the (very smalllll) city where he goes to school.) Everyone say hello (HELLO!!!!!!!). I'm going to play a song for you."
And he played On Your Porch.
And he changed the words.
=
I was on your porch, the smoke sank into my skin. So I came inside to be with you.
We talked all night. About everything we could imagine, cuz come the morning I'll be gone.
As our eyes start to close, I turn to you....and I let you know...that I Love you.
No here I sit. In a coffee shop in [cityyy...], my thoughts bounce off of my guitar.
That's the way its been. Ever since we met in Richmond, but now we've got something to prove.
And I, I can see your eyes, but tell me something...can you see mine?
Cuz what's left to lose, I've don't enough.
And if I fail, well then I fail, but I gave it a shot.
These last two years, I know they've been hard.
But now its time to get out of the desert and into the sun...even if its alone.
It was so cute. And when he was done, everyone clapped and "awwwwwwwww"ed.
It's what any girl would love.
He does all the right things, says all the right things.
But for some reason, I'm still pushing him away.

No comments:

Post a Comment