Saturday, February 14, 2009

12. Spencer Bloom

Spencer deserves his own post.

7 years older than me, met him at a church function.
We went out a few times, never kissed.
Watched the office all the time (He is Jim, I am Pam).
Seriously.
He reminds me SO much of Jim, I can't watch the Office anymore.






We dated for a couple months, then I started dating 11. Winston Reed.
(FYI, the list on the left indicated the order in which the BF's were kissed. Hmm.)

Then I moved to the E. C. and ditched them both.

I wrote Spencer on facebook a lot, we text everyday, would talk at night when I was walking home from the subway. I came home and visited, exactly a year ago, and hung out with him.

He was dating another girl, he said he really liked her and things were going well for them. (The part where Jim tells Pam he's seeing someone, REALLY happened to me.)
So when I came home to visit, I didn't tell him about it. Instead I told him in a sly way (facebook status : IS HOME!!)

So he called me about an hour after I had changed my status. He asked me why I didn't tell him I was home and asked if I wanted to come over. I visited him that night, we watched the office with my cousin and his roommates. Right before my cousin and I left, he almost kissed me. I'm not sure why he didn't.
We went out again, a couple nights later. We watched the Office (I swear we did other stuff) and got hot chocolate. I stayed at his house until 5 am. He finally kissed me that night. We made out and talked all night. About EVERYTHING.
He said he really liked Amy (the other woman :) )
I told him about my missionary.
I talked to him about my parents and the issues we've been through.
We got along really well and I loved it.

When he dropped me off, it was really sad.
I was going back, 2,000 miles away.
He was here with his new girl.

So we didn't talk for few days.
Then I saw him on Sunday. I went to his house after wards.
It was weird, because I thought we were done.
I thought he'd made it clear when telling me about Amy.

But we cuddled.
And he kissed me goodbye.


I cried the whole way home.


Then I went back.
We talked a little bit, but he kept dating the girl.
And I watched that video over and over, and cried and missed him.

Finally I moved home in the summer, and we went out. And it was fun.

Then he went to army boot camp (or something) the next day for a few months.

When he came back I was dating Chad Taylor, we actually became bf/gf for awhile (mistake?).
When we broke up I started hanging out with Spencer again.
We went out on a few dates, hung out a lot, kissed some, and I got scared.

Having a missionary is not fun.

I got scared because I liked Spencer, and I think I liked him a lot.
He was older than me, I am not, was not, and will not be ready to be married (anytime soon)
But he was. He was looking for a girlfriend, I wasn't ready to settle down.
So I guess I just started avoiding him and he took the hint really fast.

He deleted me from ichat.
Stopped texting me.
and asked one of my good friends on a date.

I found out on Christmas Eve that he'd asked her out.
I sat there shocked.
I didn't know what to do, because I wasn't dating him anymore. And he's a really great guy, he needs to date a really great girl. And my friend is a really great girl.
She text me, asking how I felt. So I just told her I think she should go out with him.

The next week I saw him at church.
He came straight up to me and gave me the biggest hug. And said "I've missed you a lot." I just sat there, so hurt. Not knowing what to say. He proceeded to tell me he was sorry for shutting me out, but he wasn't ready to be friends with me yet. He never thought he'd be able to be my "FRIEND", but now he was (awesome).
He could tell I was upset. I wanted to explain everything to him. I really liked him, but I was scared. And I was close to tears. So I just told him it was okay, and I forgave him for pushing me away.

I think that's the last time I REALLY talked to him. I see him and church often.
A few weeks ago his status on facebook changed to "In a Relationship."

It killed me.

I deleted him from my facebook. I didn't want to see updates all the time of him and his new girlfriend. (Who happens to be my best friends cousin).

I was going to email him after we'd had that long intense talk at church. But I kept talking myself out of it. Finally, last week, I emailed him.


Spencer,
I think I'll always regret it if I never explain why everthing happened how it did. I don't want to intrude or make anything in your life confusing, so let me know when or if that would ever be possible.
Hope things are good for you,
(me)


spencer to me
show details Feb 9 (5 days ago)


(his nickname for me), I'm pretty sure I understand. You had a missionary you were waiting for and you didn't want to start anything with anyone else. It's really not that big of a deal. I guess I might be wrong so if you want to get some lunch sometime, that would be fun. Maybe the classic Paradise? Let me know. I hope we can still be friends.

See ya,
Spencer




I never wrote him back. He has a girlfriend, I can't go to lunch with him. And I can't make him and his girlfriend question their relationship.
But I think I want to.

I have James, and Charlie already. But I want Spencer.



UGH!


And to top it off.


Two days ago he sent me a message on facebook.



"You deleted me."


I didn't write back.


And I'll probably see him at church tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment