Saturday, May 2, 2009

Marine.

Wow.
It has been so long since I've updated.
SO much has changed.

James Evans is out.
Really out.

He is a weird kid, I think that may or may not have been the reason why I kept pushing him away. Since I wrote him while he was gone, and I was so excited for him to come home, I think I kept trying to make it work when I knew it wasn't going to. We're just really.....REALLY different.

Anyway.
Now Joe Harmon is in.

For one more day.
See.....
He joined the U.S. Marine Corps.

Lets go back.
Joe and I have known each other since elementary school. He liked me all through elementary, but I wasn't feelin it. He just had a mullet, and boys had cooties.
We got to Jr. High and he lived with his dad for awhile so I didn't see him.
When he was living in my hometown, going to school with me, we were really good friends.
He's a really really funny kid. We've always gotten along good. In high school I knew he was cute, but I never imagined us together. He always had a girlfriend and I always had a boyfriend (mistake.).

So he went on a Mormon mission as well. He came back in September, and we went out a few times. It was always really normal between us. We held hands and cuddled and laughed so much. It didn't go very far, I think because James was coming home soon too. So we soon stopped hanging out.

I found out later that he dated a girl from high school for like a month before she left on HER mission (WEIRD) and I think he gave her a ring...

Well him and I started hanging out again in February. We talked about how we both have missionaries out....but the more we hung out, the less we talked about them. And the closer we got. At first we were just hanging out as 'friends'. Cuddling, going on double dates, not kissing.

Then we kissed. And it was so great. I loved it. And wanted to keep kissing him. We were hanging out every single day.

Back in January...he signed up for the Marines. All this time we've been hanging out, I knew he was leaving. But it didnt seem like that big of a deal until a few weeks ago. When we basically became official. And I realized I loved him. And I told him that. And he told me he loved me. And I can't stop telling him, and can't get enough of hearing him tell me.
Now he's leaving tomorrow. To boot camp. Marine boot camp. Where he can't text, can't call, can't e-mail. Just send fun letters.



this picture makes my heart hurt.

I can't believe tomorrow is the day. I've been hanging out with him every single free minute that I have, I can not IMAGINE what is going to happen to me Monday morning when I realize how gone he really is.

And the best part of this all.

Is that he gets back from boot camp the same day my missionary, Charlie, gets back.

No comments:

Post a Comment